Chocolate Berry Freeze
This rich and creamy layered dessert is great for cookouts- you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the freezer until ready to serve.
Don't let the prep time scare you off- it's mostly freezing and this is so worth the effort.
- 2 c
- oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 3/4 c
- sweetened condensed milk- divided
- 2/3 c
- frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and chopped-divided
- 2 Tbsp
- smucker's strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy whipping cream, whipped - divided
- 3 Tbsp
- chocolate syrup
How to Make Chocolate Berry Freeze
- 1Line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with heavy-duty foil.
Combine cookie crumbs and butter : press half of the mixture into prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2Pour half of the sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup of the strawberries and strawberry topping. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the remaining crust mixture.
Freeze for one hour.
Remove from freezer and spoon the remaining 1/3 cup of chopped strawberries over top.
- 3In a bowl combine the remaining milk and chocolate syrup. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
Spread over strawberries (pan will be full).
Cover and freeze for 10 hours or overnight.
May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4When ready to serve, remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using foil, lift dessert out of pan. Invert onto a serving platter and discard foil.
Cut into slices.