Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- 3 qt
- whole milk
- 2 pt
- heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 can(s)
- hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp
- slivered almonds, as many as desired
- junket** tablets
- 1/4 c
- cold water
How to Make Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- 1Mix milk, whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla in large pan. Heat to lukewarm.
- 2Dissolve junket tablets in water. When milk mixture is warm, add junket. Pour into freezer tub and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Freeze according to ice cream freezer manufacturer's directions.
- 4SUBSTITUTES: May substitute 2 qts. milk, 1 qt. chocolate milk and 1 can chocolate syrup for milk and syrup.
- 5**Junket tablets, while sometimes difficult to find, are usually located in the geletin section of the grocery store.