- 1 1/4 c
- vanilla waffers, crushed (28 waffers)
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margarine, mented (4 tbsp)
- 2 qt
- vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 oz
- unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine (1/2 cup)
- egg yolks, well-beaten (reserve whites)
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- egg whites
How to Make Choco-Vanilla Freeze
- 1Toss together crumbs and melted butter. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumbs into 9x9x2 inch baking pan. Spread with softened ice cream and freeze.
- 2Melt the stick of butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool a few minutes and then slowly stir mixture into egg yolks with powdered sugar and vanilla. Cool thoroughly. Meanwhile, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form. Beat chocolate mixture till smooth, then fold in egg whites.
- 3Spread chocolate mixture over ice cream. Top with reserved crumb mixture and freeze.