Blueberry Ice Cream from Le Belle Province
Anyone who has ever licked the dasher knows how rewarding homemade ice cream can be.
Whether you use this method or a hand cranker or an electric machine this ice cream is truly scrumptious.
(If using hand cranker or electric machine follow manufacturers instructions)
You can use any type of fresh berries or peaches in this recipe. I hope you will enjoy this delicious summer treat.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 1/2 cups table cream (18%) or undiluted evaporated milk
·1/2 cup white sugar
·1/4 tsp salt
·4 egg yolks
·1 tsp vanilla
·2 cups heavy cream, whipped
·1 1/2 cups blueberries, lightly crushed
How to Make Blueberry Ice Cream from Le Belle Province
- In a double broiler heat table cream until a film wrinkles over the top.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Then beat the 4 egg yolks and stir in a little hot cream, then slowly stir this into the remainder of the hot cream mixture.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until custard is as thick as corn syrup.
- Next stir in the vanilla and chill..
- Fold into the mixture the 2 cups of whipped heavy cream and the berries of your choice. Mine was the blueberries.
- Pour into 2 refrigerator trays and freeze for about 3 hours.