Blue Moon Ice Cream
*Picture not mine. I ate it all before I could take a picture! Will add my own ASAP.
How to Make Blue Moon Ice Cream
- 1****** FYI: JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS.....PLEASE UNDERSTAND that this ice cream is NOT supposed to mimic ANY blue raspberry/raspberry treats that you've had at or from any other establishment! There is not going to be a strong raspberry flavor to this ice cream either. The flavor is VERY FAINT. If you read my previous comments, you will see that this ice cream originated in Milwaukee, WI and can only be found in Wisconsin and Michigan. The flavor is like no other and many WI and MI residents, that actually grew up eating it, are STILL trying to figure out just WHAT the flavor is actually supposed to be! However...WE STILL LOVE IT AS IT BRINGS BACK SUCH WONDERFUL CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!! :-D ******
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat the whole milk over medium heat to scalding. Add the sugar and salt, stir until completely dissolved.
- 3Add the heavy cream and vanilla pudding mix; stir until pudding mix has been blended.
- 4Remove from the heat. Add in the vanilla, raspberry, and lemon extracts. Add the blue food coloring; stir to blend well and get a consistent blue color.
*You want the color to be as shown in the picture, as that's the TRUE color of this ice cream.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a container and place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 - 3 hours.
- 7**I'm even more happy now than before!! I found a website where I can order the actual blue moon ice cream that I grew up on (from the actual dairy/creamery in Wisconsin)!! They also still make the blue moon ice cream sandwiches. YEA!!!!
I'm still going to continue making this recipe as well though, as it's a very good copy cat recipe and you can never have too much blue moon ice cream (at least I cant)!