Amazing Rosewater Ice Cream w/ Summer Strawberries
Elegant, best way to have ripe summer strawberries! SOOO tantalizing to the taste buds; my proudest invention. Missed the rosewater & cardamom desserts from my youth, made by our Persian friends, & came up with this. So easy to make, for a WOW effect. Mild and perfect for any palette. Not overpowering like some.
My hubby's not big for berries, and loves & requests this on its own. He & kids love it 'despite' it being 'fancy.' lol
- good vanilla ice cream
- rosewater, to taste (find at middle eastern markets, or online)
- ground cardamom, to taste
How to Make Amazing Rosewater Ice Cream w/ Summer Strawberries
- 1For family I make this individually in mugs. Add tiny drizzle of rosewater (little goes a long way) & several shakes cardamom powder to vanilla ice cream in mug. Stir with spoon till creamy, and adjust seasoning to taste (cardamom can have bit of a nip to it in larger quantities... experiment to see what suits your palette.) Add sliced fresh strawberries.
- 2For company, I mix entire gallon of vanilla ice cream in a bowl with the rosewater & cardamom, then return to container until ready to scoop out & serve. (It will be more dense and creamy than the original ice cream after stirring; won't fill container all the way back up...that's good; it's such a rich, creamy texture!) Use ice cream scoop & serve in pretty dessert bowls with whole or sliced strawberries. Fabulous way to showcase your very best strawberries!
- 3* Great recipe to make with kids if they are learning about the spice trade, or Persian Empire in history. :) Cardamom & rosewater are traditional Persian spices for desserts.