Woolworth's Refrigerator Cheesecake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 can(s)large can evaporated skimmed milk
1 boxlemon or hawaiian pineapple jello 4 serving size regular or sugar free
1 cboiling water
1/2 csugar or sugar substitute to equal that
1 can(s)crushed pineapple in its own juice 20 ounce sized
1 pkg8 ounce low fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cvanilla wafer or graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cmelted margarine
2 Tbspsugar or sugar substitute to equal that
How to Make Woolworth's Refrigerator Cheesecake
- Put in FREEZER overnight the large mixing bowl for a stand mixer or equivalent size for hand mixer, the beaters and spatula you will use. Also add the canned milk to the REFRIGERATOR overnight unopened.
- Prepare room in your refrigerator for a glass dish of 9"X 13" size and lightly butter the dish and set aside while you gather the ingredients. Leave the milk and bowl and utensils in the cold area they are in.
- Make a light graham or vanilla wafer crust with the margarine and sugar/sugar substitute and crumbs. Reserve 2 Tblsp of the crust and line the bottom only of the glass dish with the rest and chill until ready for the filling.
- Make the gelatin in the 1 cup boiling water and when totally dissolved add the 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple and the juice. Cream the cream cheese until softened and add the pineapple jello mixture and blend until incorporated. Add the sugar or sugar substitute and the vanilla and set aside at room temperature.
- Take the mixing bowl, beaters, and the milk from the cold areas and immediately put the mixer together and pour the cold milk in the bowl and beat until the consistency of firm whipped cream.
- Pour the pineapple/gelatin mixture in the milk slowly and fold in until well blended.
- Slowly pour in on the graham/vanilla crust in dish and sprinkle lightly with the reserved crumbs.
Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
Cut with a knife dipped in cold water and serve generous servings as it is very light.