Valentines Day Special - Strawberry Bruschetta
Or why not serve it at your next party as a little sweet treat.
However you serve it, you will find it delightful, sweet, and fruity.
- 6 Tbsp
- brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest
- 3 c
- stawberries cleaned and hulled
- 4 Tbsp
- mascarpone cheese
- 4 slice
- cinnamon bread
- 2 Tbsp
- handful of slivered almonds
How to Make Valentines Day Special - Strawberry Bruschetta
- 1In a large skillet over high heat combine sugar lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir while cooking, the sugar will melt and the mixture will begin to bubble. Cook for about a minute and add the strawberries and stir just until the strawberries start to break down. Remove from heat and chill.
- 2Butter the cinnamon bread and put on the grill and grill both sides till brown like toast. Spread with Mascarpone Cheese. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and cut into 4 squares.
- 3Top with Strawberries either cool or you can reheat them and serve.
You can do the strawberries hours or a day before but do the cinnamon bread toast when you are going to serve it.