Thai Spicy & Savory - Sweet Melons
Since it is almost impossible to find Thai Melons here, we substituted with sweet Honeydew Melons.
Please note cooking time is chilling time.
·1⁄3 cup water
·1⁄3 cup sugar, palm (may substitute with brown or white)
·1⁄4 cup cilantro, stems seperated, leaves torn seperated
·1 tablespoon red birds chili, finely chopped
·1 tablespoon lemon zest
·4 cups thai golden melon, chopped 1-inch pieces (may substitute with honeymelon)
·1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea
·1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
·2 tablespoons coconut oil (may substitute with virgin olive oil)
How to Make Thai Spicy & Savory - Sweet Melons
- In a small pot boil water and sugar, once boiling, add the cilantro stems, birds eye chili and lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Then you can refrigerate the simple syrup for anywhere 15 minutes or up to 24 hours. The longer it sits the more flavor you will get.
- Remove the cilantro stems from the syrup and discard.
- In a large bowl toss the melon with the chilled syrup.
- Add the remaining salt, the white pepper if using and the cilantro leaves, toss gently .
- Drizzle with either coconut or olive oil and serve.