Swiss - Caramel Pears with Cheese Covering
An enjoyably light dessert topped with a touch of melted Appenzeller ® CLASSIC. Whether made with pear and cranberry compote or apple and blackberry jam - this dessert is magnificent.
How to Make Swiss - Caramel Pears with Cheese Covering
- 1Caramelize the sugar with a few drops of lemon juice in a wide chrome steel frying pan, then remove the pan from the heat.
- 2Pour the water on to the sugar. Let the caramel simmer gently until it has dissolved.
- 3Peel the pears, cut them in half and remove the core, then pour a little lemon juice over the pears so that they do not turn brown.
- 4Place the pears and sticks of vanilla into the caramel syrup and simmer the fruit until it is almost soft.
- 5Cut the cheese into thin slices.
- 6Remove the pears from the syrup and place them on to a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- 7Fill with the cranberry compote and place the cheese slices on top and bake the pears in on oven at 180 ° C for 6-8 minutes.
- 8Place the baked pears into individual dishes, pour over the caramel syrup and sprinkle over a few leaves of thyme.
- 9Tip: For another wonderful version, prepare the dessert with apples and fill the fruit with blackberry jam instead of cranberry compote.