1 cof slenda
3/4 cbutter, softened (unsalted)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 cgold medal all purpose flour
1 cdiced mixed candied fruits
1/2 cchopped walnuts(or pecans)
1/2 csemisweet chocolate chips.(or m ms)
·glaze----------glaze topping as follows
1 cpowdered sugar
1-OR--2 Tbspof fat free milk.
How to Make Springtime fruity bars.
- HEAT OVEN TO 350.*
IN LARGE BOWL ,mix sugar and butter;beat until and fluffy.ADD vanilla and egg.
ADD flour;mix well.Spread dough in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- SPRINKLE half of dough with candied fruit, sprinkle other half with chocolate chips and nuts.
PRESS lightly into the dough.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until edges light golden brown COOL 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- IN SMALL BOWL ,mix powder sugar and enough milk for desired,drizzling consistency ,,,,blend until smooth.
DRIZZLE over cooled bars.LET it stand until set.
CUT into 8 rows by 6 rows.
er cooled bars.
Replacing saturate fats with Unsalturated fats from nuts may help Lower your cholesterol .
But keep everything in small portions.
- STORAGE ) AVOID a mingling of flavors , store each of two of bars in a separate , airtight container .
Before storing,allow the glaze to set then stack bars in a airtight container.
SEPARATING the layers with waxed paper.
- WE make this wonderful bars or mimi loafs for fundraising for our cause for the find the cure for all types of cancer.AND WE also make this delicious bars for a family get together .Or school or picnics.
Every one please enjoy it as we all do.ALSO for EASTER ITS A GREAT DESSERT,FOR AFTER SUNDAY EASTER DINNER. OR LATER SNACK.
IN THE MEMORY OF MY LATE DAD.AS HE LOVED ALL HIS FAMILY TOGETHER and have a large dinner,and his favorite desserts.AND let us not forget our Portuguese sweet breads and Easter sweetbreads with our colored eggs inside.AND the MEMORIES JUST KEEP GROWING.......................
MY Business name is. SWEETS 4 THE MEMORIES.
MAKING SWEET MEMORIES THAT LAST A LIFETIME.
MARIA GORETTI MAXEY 3/16/2012