Spiced-Up Apple Crisp
I see a lot of recipes on JAP and I think I bet that would taste really good like this.
Anything that makes life easier I say go for it. I love working with cake mixes for crust and toppings so I decided to try a cake mix with apple crisp. Spice cake sounded good. I went to the store and brought the apples and I saw honeycrisp apples there and thought yeah lets add some honey to this topping also.
The results were amazing and if you try it you will love it if you like apple crisp.
Be sure to make a lot because mine disappeared.
6granny smith apples
6any sweet apple you would like to use. i use golden delicious
1/2 stickbutter cut into small chunks
1/2 cbrown sugar
1spice cake mix
1 ccrushed walnuts
10caramels cut in half (optional)
How to Make Spiced-Up Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples so that the slices are close to the same size. Add raisins and the brown sugar and the cinnamon and toss.
- Pour apples and raisins into a 9x12 pan. Take the pieces of butter and place on top of the apples.
- Mix together the spice cake and the oatmeal and the crushed walnuts.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the butter and honey to the oatmeal mixture. Sprinkle over the apples, then place caramels on topping. Bake for 45 minutes until apples are cooked and the top is crisp.