Special Thai Pineapple
This is a perfect ending to your spicy meal.
- 1 pineapple, sweet, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 lime, thinly pared
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream (garnish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, candied, finely shredded (optional)
How to Make Special Thai Pineapple
- 1Prepare your pineapple and place in a serving dish.
- 2Add the crushed cardamom pods to a small pan with the lime rind and water.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- 4Remove the pan from heat and add sugar, then cover with lid and leave for 5 minutes.
- 5Make sure that the sugar has dissolved, if not stir until it is.
- 6Next you want to add the lime juice and strain it over the pineapple slices, then cover and chill in the fridge for 30 - for a suble flavor, 60 minutes for a stronger flavor.
- 7Add the shredded ginger to your prepared whipped cream and use as a garnish for the pineapple.