Special Thai Pineapple
This is a perfect ending to your spicy meal.
·1 pineapple, sweet, peeled, cored, sliced
·2 cardamom pods, crushed
·1 lime, thinly pared
·4 tablespoons water
·1 tablespoon brown sugar
·3 tablespoons lime juice
·1⁄4 cup whipped cream (garnish)
·1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, candied, finely shredded (optional)
How to Make Special Thai Pineapple
- Prepare your pineapple and place in a serving dish.
- Add the crushed cardamom pods to a small pan with the lime rind and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and add sugar, then cover with lid and leave for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the sugar has dissolved, if not stir until it is.
- Next you want to add the lime juice and strain it over the pineapple slices, then cover and chill in the fridge for 30 - for a suble flavor, 60 minutes for a stronger flavor.
- Add the shredded ginger to your prepared whipped cream and use as a garnish for the pineapple.