3/4 cbutter, sliced, room temp
1 cheavy cream, room temp
1 Tbspgood quality sea salt flakes
6apples, washed and dried
1 cgarnish -- chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc.
6sturdy craft sticks, flat or round
How to Make Salted-Caramel Apples
- Put the sugar, evenly, in the bottom of a heavy saucepan. On medium heat, warm the sugar 4-5 min. Watch carefully, but do not stir or disturb the sugar.
- The sugar will suddenly turn golden brown and liquefy. When it's completely liquefied, remove from heat. Let cool for 30 seconds, then quickly stir in the butter, cream and salt.
- Transfer the caramel sauce to a large bowl, and refrigerate until cool.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, or use your Silpat. Insert a craft stick into the top of each apple. Place each garnish in a small shallow dish.
- Roll each apple through the cooled caramel, then through the desired garnish. Place the apple on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the apples to let the caramel set.
Makes 2 cups of caramel sauce and 6 caramel apples.