Bake this as if it were a clove studded ham the article said...
This is a very juicy dessert and great served with ice cream.
Your family and guessts will be awe struck at it's great juicey flavor.
- 1 small
- (4 pound) ripe pineapple
- whole cloves
- 1/4 c
- coconut oil
- 4 c
- 2 c
- light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- super fine sugar
- dried szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 3/4 tsp
- chinese five spice powder
- star anise
How to Make Roasted Pineapple
Put the water into a medium saucepan and add all the ingredients. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.Simmer over medium heat to reduce to about 3/4 in volume, to make a thick syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat oven to 350^.
spray a small roasting pan or pot that will hold the pineapple standing straight up. So not lay it down.
- 2Prepare the Pineapple:
Using a serrated knife, cut a 1 1/4 slice from the top, removing the leafy part and a 3/4 slice from the bottom so it will stand up straight.
- 3Working from top to bottom and following the curve of the pineapple, remove the peel.
To remove the eyes and create a nice looking pineapple- cut a spiral groove 1/4 inch deep, around the entire fruit. Stud the flesh evenly all over with the cloves.
- 4Heat the oil in the prepared pan until very hot, then add the pineapple on it's side for now and lightly baste and roast the fruit all over to get a nice color.
- 5Now stand the pineapple upright. Baste the pineapple with the thickened syrup you made and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes;depending on how ripe your fruit is, basting it every 5 minutes with the syrup and keeping the pineapple standing upright.