3/4 cginger snap granola
1packed brown sugar
1/2 cbutter, melted
4 1/2 crhubarb, sliced not too thick
1 cwater (see note)
How to Make Rhubarb Crunch
- Combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly. Stir in the granola.
- Press half the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9x9" baking dish that has been prepared with food release spray. Set aside.
- Slice the rhubarb and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the sliced rhubarb, and toss to combine. Stir in the water and vanilla.
- Spread the rhubarb mixture over the crumb crust in the baking dish.
- Crumble the remaining crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350* for one hour.
- Serve warm or cooled, with ice cream or whipped cream topping, if you wish.
- NOTES: You may use fresh or frozen rhubarb successfully in this recipe. If your rhubarb is fresh, use the water as directed. If your rhubarb is frozen, reduce the water by half.
If you can't find ginger granola, you might try adding crumbled ginger snap cookies, or just use oats instead, and add about 1/2-3/4 tsp. of ginger to the crumble mix.
This recipe is easily made gluten free by substituting the flour for your favorite gluten free all purpose flour.