So much more than a bar, mumbles have a buttery bar base, fruit filling, and a crumble top. If you haven't tried them, it's a must!
1 cbrown sugar
3/4 cbutter, at room temp
1 3/4 cflour or gluten free flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 coats
How to Make Raisin Mumbles
- Combine filling ingredients in 3 qt. saucepan. Over medium heat, cook until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix crumb ingredients together until well-combined, and evenly crumbly.
- Spread half the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9X13" baking dish, which has been prepared with food release spray.
- Pour raisin mixture evenly over the crumb crust.
- Spread remaining crumb mixture over the raising layer. Pat down gently but firmly.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.
Cool and cut.
- NOTES: I like my bars a little thicker sometimes, so I've also made this in an 11x7" baking dish, and a little extra time in the oven.
This recipe is easily gluten free, by substituting gluten free flour.
Also try it with a fourth to a third coconut flour, for added nutrition, fiber, and yumminess :)