Pistachio Banana Wedges
quick snack or an elegant, no-fuss dessert for company.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·3 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
·1/4 cup vegetable shortening
·1 cup all-purpose flour
·1/2 tsp salt
·2 ripe bananas, mashed
·1/4 tsp vanilla extract
·1 cup chopped pistachio nuts, divided
·1 (3 oz) package cream cheese
·2 tbsp confectioners sugar
·2 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips, melted
How to Make Pistachio Banana Wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric beater, cream together the granulated sugar and shortening
until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
3. Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla until
4. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let
cool 30 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Spread evenly
over the top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup