★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 can(s)20 oz can of crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 tspcoconut extract
1 box16 oz angel food cake mix, dry (do not make as directed)
1/4 cshredded coconut
How to Make Pina Colada Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 36 regular size muffin cups ( or use cupcake papers ) with nonfat cooking spray. Reserve 1 CUP of pineapple juice, discarding the remaining juice.
- Stir the crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, and coconut extract together in a bowl until well mixed.
- Add the cake mix, stirring until the ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each one 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut in the batter and mix until well blended.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.