PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA NUT MUFFINS My Way
DIABETICS BEWARE...THIS IS AN EXCELLENT RECIPE FOR PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA NUT MUFFINS...
THEY ARE ADDICTING...
A GREAT BREAKFAST MUFFIN, A WONDERFUL AFTERNOON SNACK OR A GREAT DESSERT!
SERVING SIZE - 1 MUFFIN
Total Carbs 18.8 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
1 Fat, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2
If you want to lower the carbs. by 5g you could use 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup sugar substitute i.e.: Splenda granulated.
2/3 csugar ( **see additional information)
1/4 ccanola or vegetable oil
1/2 cpeanut butter, crunchy 0r creamy
1 largebanana, mashed
1 Tbspvanilla extract
3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 cvanilla yogart, light
1/4 csemi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1/4 cwalnuts, chopped fine (optional)
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA NUT MUFFINS My Way
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, oil, peanut butter, banana, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda, then add to batter, stir until just mixed.
Stir in yogurt, chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).(If you use crunchy peanut butter or not),
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 way with mixture and bake until tops are firm and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- **Additional Information:
* I have even doubled the recipe...It works just fine. (I always use Extra-Crunchy 'Skippy' peanut butter.)
**If you want to lower the carbs. by 5g you could use 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup sugar substitute i.e.: Splenda granulated sugar. Keep in mind that this will change the texture of the muffins slightly.