Peach Dump Cake
Feel free to use other fruits -- this is my son's and grandson's absolute favorite!!
boxyellow cake mix
3 can(s)12 oz peaches- drained - save juice
1 stickmargarine room temp
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/4 clite brown sugar
2-3 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground ginger
How to Make Peach Dump Cake
- First drain canned fruit, reserving juice.
Cut peaches into bite sized pieces.
Cover bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan with fruit, add enough juice to cover fruit about 1/4 of the way from the bottom of the pan. If you add too much juice-the dough will become soupy.
- Dump the remaining ingredients- cake mix, sugars, cinnamon, ginger in a medium bowl.
Work the margarine into the dry mixture until a crumbly consistency.
Dump evenly over the peaches, being sure to cover all the fruit.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 40 min, or until topping is golden.
- NOTE: 1)If using fresh fruit you will need to prepare it in bite-sized pieces.
2) If cake mix topping is too mushy- add dry oatmeal to the mixture a little at a time till you get to the desired consistency.