Peach Cobbler Supreme with Nuts
- cups fresh sliced peaches
- 2 c
- 2-3 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- pastry for double-crust, 9-inch pie
How to Make Peach Cobbler Supreme with Nuts
- 1Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a large saucepan. Let sit until syrup forms.
- 2Bring peach mixture to a boil and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3Remove from heat; add nuts, butter and almond extract. Stir well.
- 4Spoon half of peaches into a lightly buttered 10 x 8-inch baking dish.
- 5Roll out half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly flour surface. Put on top of peaches. Bake in preheated 475 degree oven 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Spoon remaining peaches over baked pastry. Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 1/2-inch strips; arrange in lattice design over the peaches.
- 7Return to oven to bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.