Peach Cobbler, J Lund
I like this because you can use either fresh or canned peaches, it's quick, and low in sugar, calories and fat. The only change I made was switching out nutmeg (which we don't care for) for cinnamon (which we love).
- 1 pkg
- small jell-o sugar free vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
- 1 pkg
- small sugar free jell-o lemon gelatin
- 2 c
- fresh or 16 oz can of sliced peaches (in juice)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pecans
- 1 can(s)
- (7.5 oz) pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon or nutmeg (we prefer cinnamon)
How to Make Peach Cobbler, J Lund
- 1Preheat oven to 415*.
Spray 8x8 baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
- 2In a medium saucepan combine dry pudding and gelatin mixes.
Drain peaches, reserve liquid, set peaches aside.
ADD enough water to peach liquid to make 1 1/3 C of juice.
- 3ADD liquid to pudding and gelatin mixes.
Mix gently to combine.
Stir in peaches
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
Remove from heat.
Pour hot peach mixture into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle pecans over peach mixture.
- 4Separate biscuits and cut each in 1/4's.
Evenly drop biscuit pieces over peach mixtue.
Lightly spray biscuit pieces with butter-flavored cooking spray. In a small bowl mix Splenda or Brown Sugar Twin and cinnamon OR nutmeg. Sprinkle over top of biscuit pieces.
- 5Bake 12-15 minutes until biscuits are golden brown. Place baking dish on a wire rack to cool. Divide into 6 servins. Serve either warm or cold.
- 6Weight Watchers: 3 points
167 calories; 3 gm fat; 4 gm protein, 31 gm carb; 420 mg sodium; 3 gm fiber