Patriotic Fruit Pizza with Pecan Shortbread Crust
Torrey's pecan shortbread crust really sets this apart from your average fruit pizza recipe. The crust is crisp and sweet but isn't overly sweet. Her cream cheese spread is thick and the orange zest is just enough to give the mixture a little citrus flavor. I used strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple as suggested and the combination was fabulous. This is a really cute dessert!
- 16 oz
- (2 boxes) cream cheese (or neufchatel), room temperature
- 1 medium
- container whipped topping, 12 oz.
- zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 1/2 c
- blueberries, fresh
- strawberries, fresh; sliced or halved
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple chunks
- or... whatever fruit you want to add
- 3/4 lb
- (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 3 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
FRUIT TOPPING (AS PICTURED)
PECAN SHORTBREAD CRUST
How to Make Patriotic Fruit Pizza with Pecan Shortbread Crust
- 9Pat out dough to cover bottom (and slightly up sides) of pan. Dough should be about 1/4-inch thick.
NOTE: You will probably have leftover dough. LUCKY YOU! Make shortbread cookies! Roll leftover dough into a log, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill it. Then slice into 1/4-inch wide cookies and bake at 350 F for about 15-20 min until golden brown on edges and done in middle.