Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
1/2 creal butter (salted or unsalted)
1 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/2 csugar, divided into two 3/4 cup containers
1 cwhole milk
4 cpeaches (fresh or frozen)
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one stick of butter in a 9 X 13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Place peaches, lemon juice, 3/4 cup of the sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until done. While peaches are simmering, mix flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Place casserole dish in the oven until butter melts. Watch carefully to make sure that butter doesn't scorch.
- When butter is melted, remove from oven. Add milk to flour mixture and mix until smooth with a fork (a few small lumps are okay).
- Pour batter into the casserole dish with the melted butter. Drizzle the juice from the cooked peaches evenly over the batter. Spread the peaches evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.