Old Fashioned Baked Apples
You can peel the center portion of the apple skin off if you wish, as it will help the apples cook.
Note: I have tried all sorts of apples with this recipe, they are all delicious. But they say granny smith or any other tart apple works best. I just like them all!!!
How to Make Old Fashioned Baked Apples
- 1Preheat your oven to 375'F.
- 2Wash and core the apples. Cut a little slice off the bottom to make the apples sit straight up in the pan. Hollow out the apple removing all the seeds and core. Try not go right through the apple, it's good to save a little on the bottom to hold the ingredients. If you cut through don't worry, you can always add some sauce on it afterward.
- 3Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, currants and pecans in a small bowl.
Stuff each apple well with the mixture.
- 4Place in a baking pan big enough to hold the apples. Put the apple juice and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a bowl. Then pour the apple water liquid into the bottom of the pan. Top each apple with a quarter of the tbsp. of butter.
- 5Bake for 30-40 minutes. Baste the apples with the pan juices several times over the course of them cooking.
- 6Serve with some ice cream on the side. Use the basting liquid on the ice cream too, it's so good.