Nanny's Peach Cobbler
Alternatively, you can use canned or frozen peaches, but as Nanny said, "fresh are best!"
- 3 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 pinch
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- butter, cold
How to Make Nanny's Peach Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Peel and slice peaches. Place in microwave safe bowl.
- 3Pour 1 cup sugar over peaches and heat in microwave until sugar melts (3-5 min.).
- 4While peaches are in the microwave, place 1 stick butter in 8 X 8 in. baking dish in the oven until butter is melted and bubbly.
- 5While butter is melting, whisk together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and pinch of salt.
- 6Add 1/2 cup milk to dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- 7Take butter out of the oven and pour batter into the baking dish.
- 8Pour peaches on top of the batter. (Batter will rise to the top. It's kind of cool!) Spread batter evenly over peaches.
- 9Bake for 30 min. at 350.
- 10Enjoy hot with vanilla bean ice cream!