MILE HIGH DEWBERRY OR BLACKBERRY PIE
Peggi Anne Tebben
So, I have dewberries & blackberries growing all over our 120 acres & I wanted something just a little different than the normal blackberry cobbler. So... I thought...why not? They taste good fresh too. So, I revised Colleen's recipe some & came up with this.
I hope you like it as much as hubby & I do. It is great! Just like the strawberry version.
- *pie crust shell, deep dish, pre baked & cooled
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 small
- box blackberry infusion jell-o
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb
- fresh dew berries or blackberries
- whipped cream for topping
How to Make MILE HIGH DEWBERRY OR BLACKBERRY PIE
- 2In a 2 quart saucepot, mix together first 3 ingredients of filling recipe. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until it becomes thick. Remove from heat.
- 3Add the Jell-O & whisk in until it is dissolved. Remove from heat & pour in another bowl so it will cool quicker. Cool, but don't let it set up.
- 4Place the berries in a seperate bowl & with one hand squeeze the berries about 5 squeezes, just enough to get the berries loosened up. Don't masserate.