Maraschino Cherry Ambrosia
I bring this to to many gatherings & have learned to bring copies of the recipe to put next to the bowl.
Its ridiculously easy to make.
If you're not a maraschino cherry fan, just leave them out.
20 ozcan crushed pineapple [drained]
15 ozfruit cocktail, in heavy syrup [delmonte brand works best]
16 ozsour cream
32 oz2 bags [16 oz each] shredded coconut
21 oz2 bags [10.5 each] miniature marshmallows
2 lb2 jars [1 lb each] maraschino cherries in heavy syrup
1 cheavy whipping cream
·powdered sugar to taste
·vanilla to taste
15 ozcanned mandarin oranges [drained]
How to Make Maraschino Cherry Ambrosia
- Drain pineapple & mandarin oranges very well.
Place in something large to mix. I use my large crock pot or my turkey pan.
- Add fruit cocktail & heavy syrup.
- Add syrup from maraschino cherries.
Cut cherries in half and add to mixture.
- Add sour cream.
- Add shredded coconut.
- Add mini-marshmallows.
- In seperate mixing bowl, make whipping cream:
heavy whipping cream
powdered sugar [to taste]
vanilla [to taste]
Use mixer. Mix until it hardens and forms whipped cream. Be patient. It WILL happen...
Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours. The longer it chills the better the tastes will combine.
- Get a large bowl, a spoon & go into a private place so people won't see your eyes roll in pleasure or hear you moan with delight. LOL