This is my version of this wonderful spicy treat!
I usually make these according to these directions, but sometimes if I don't have the sticks/skewers, I just cut the mango away from the seed and cube it and mix it all together in a bowl. It is good either way.. but it is much more fun on a stick!
1 largeripe mango
1/2 Tbspfresh lime, just the juice
1/2 Tbspred hot sauce
1/3 tspchili powder
·light sprinkle cayenne pepper
·light sprinkle salt
1thick skewer or pointed stick for handle
How to Make Mango Pops
- Press the stick in the center of the large end of the mango (try to line up with the seed). Holding the mango vertically, hit the stick end hard on a hard surface to pound the stick into the mango seed.
- Peel the skin off the mango. Holding the stick side down, use a sharp knife to make 4 or 5 slices on an angle downward. Then make slices downward in the opposite direction. (Kind of looks like a pineapple). Do this all the way around the mango.
- Mix together the hot sauce (optional) with the lime juice. Drizzle this all over the mango from the top - down.
- Sprinkle with chili powder on all sides and top. Then with the cayenne pepper and salt (optional).
- *** This recipe is for one person, but it is easy to double or quadruple.