This is my version of this wonderful spicy treat!
I usually make these according to these directions, but sometimes if I don't have the sticks/skewers, I just cut the mango away from the seed and cube it and mix it all together in a bowl. It is good either way.. but it is much more fun on a stick!
- 1 large
- ripe mango
- 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh lime, just the juice
- 1/2 Tbsp
- red hot sauce
- 1/3 tsp
- chili powder
- light sprinkle cayenne pepper
- light sprinkle salt
- thick skewer or pointed stick for handle
How to Make Mango Pops
- 1Press the stick in the center of the large end of the mango (try to line up with the seed). Holding the mango vertically, hit the stick end hard on a hard surface to pound the stick into the mango seed.
- 2Peel the skin off the mango. Holding the stick side down, use a sharp knife to make 4 or 5 slices on an angle downward. Then make slices downward in the opposite direction. (Kind of looks like a pineapple). Do this all the way around the mango.
- 3Mix together the hot sauce (optional) with the lime juice. Drizzle this all over the mango from the top - down.
- 4Sprinkle with chili powder on all sides and top. Then with the cayenne pepper and salt (optional).
- 5*** This recipe is for one person, but it is easy to double or quadruple.