Linda's Peach Cobbler For Diabetics
1 csplenda granulated
1 clow-fat milk
3/4 cwhole-wheat flour (important diabetics use whole-wheat)
1/2 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspcinnamon, ground
2 (20-oz) jar(s)del monte orchard fresh peaches in light syrup
2 Tbspraw oats
How to Make Linda's Peach Cobbler For Diabetics
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan or dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the Splenda, both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; add milk and stir to blend well. Spread batter evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Drain most of the juice from 1 jar of peaches (this cuts back on the sugar). Pour the peaches with the juice over the batter in pan. Add the drained peaches, filling in any bare spots over the batter then adding any liquid remaining in jar.
- Sprinkle the raw oats over all.
- Bake cobbler at 350 degrees 1 hour or until lightly browned, bubbly, and cooked through.
- Serve with sugar-free ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.