Lime & Mango Surprise
This is a great addition to any meal, the fruit salad is light and refreshing. You could always add a little heat for a nice surprise.
This tasty treat is excellent served topped with pineapple, coconut, raspberry, passion fruit or dragon fruit sorbets, but it is also equally wonderful served plain and sprinkled with toasted coconut.
Please note that the chilling time is included in cooking time.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 mangoes, large, peeled, pitted, cut into thin wedges
·1 lime, big, finely shred 1/4, squeeze juice & reserve
·1 piece lemongrass, chopped
·2 - 3 tablespoons sugar, palm, (may substitute brown or white)
·4 scoops sorbet, your preference
·1/4 cup coconut, plain or toasted (garnish) optional
·4 sprigs mint, garnish optional
How to Make Lime & Mango Surprise
- Place your prepared mango in a serving dish.
- In a pot add the lime juice, lemongrass and sugar.
- Heat gently, no boiling until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Do not use juice until it is completely cooled.
- Strain the juice and pour over the mango wedges.
- Sprinkle with the lime rind, cover, chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve the fruit in small bowls with a sprinkling of coconut or a scoop of sorbet.