Lime & Mango Surprise
A great addition to any meal, it is light, refreshing and a great pallet cleanser.
This lovely treat is excellent served alone or topped with lemon, lime, pineapple or coconut sherbets, it is also equally wonderful topped with coconut, or Thai tea ice cream.
Please note that the chilling time is included in cooking time.
- 2 mangoes, large, peeled, pitted, cut into thin wedges
- 1 lime, big, finely shred 1/4, squeeze juice & reserve
- 1 piece lemongrass, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar, palm, (may substitute brown or white)
- 4 scoops sherbet or ice cream,
- 4 sprigs mint (garnish)
How to Make Lime & Mango Surprise
- 1Place your prepared mango in a serving dish.
- 2In a pot add the lime juice, lemongrass and sugar.
- 3Heat gently, no boiling until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Do not use juice until it is completely cooled.
- 5Strain the juice and pour over the mango wedges.
- 6Sprinkle with the lime rind, cover, chill for at least 3 hours.
- 7Serve in small bowls with a scoop of ice cream or sherbet and garnish with the sprigs of mint.