Lighter Apple Dumpling
Just an FYI for those of you who have not used Filo dough and are making more than your muffin tins hold, cover the dough as it dries out very fast.
How to Make Lighter Apple Dumpling
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Peel and core apples and cut into bite size pieces.
- 3Cut each strip of filo dough into three pieces so they will fit in muffin tins
- 4Take the sugar or splenda whatever you are using and sprinkle it on the apples and mix them up so all are coated.
- 5Spray tins with pam or some other light cooking spray. Take two piece of the filo dough and fit it into one of the tins and let the edges hang out over.
- 6Fill the dough as full as you can with the sugared apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1/2 of a pat of butter. Fold the filo dough back over the apples.
- 7Do this for each tin. Take the milk and brush it over the tops of the filo dough and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon you mixed together and bake for 20 minutes.