Lighter Apple Dumpling
Just an FYI for those of you who have not used Filo dough and are making more than your muffin tins hold, cover the dough as it dries out very fast.
2jonathan gold apples
1/4 csugar or splenda
4strips of filo dough
3pats of butter
·teaspoon of sugar and dash of cinnamon to sprinkle on the top
How to Make Lighter Apple Dumpling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel and core apples and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut each strip of filo dough into three pieces so they will fit in muffin tins
- Take the sugar or splenda whatever you are using and sprinkle it on the apples and mix them up so all are coated.
- Spray tins with pam or some other light cooking spray. Take two piece of the filo dough and fit it into one of the tins and let the edges hang out over.
- Fill the dough as full as you can with the sugared apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1/2 of a pat of butter. Fold the filo dough back over the apples.
- Do this for each tin. Take the milk and brush it over the tops of the filo dough and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon you mixed together and bake for 20 minutes.