Lemon - Blueberry Fluff
Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
·prep time does not include refrigeration time
1 pkg(3 oz.) lemon flavored gelatin, regular or artificial sweetened
1 cboiling water
3/4 ccold water
2 Tbsplemon juice
2egg whites or pasteurized egg whites
1/4 tspgrated lemon peel
·* * * * * *
1 bag(s)(9 oz. or 1 1/2 cups) frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed or fresh blueberries
1/2 ccold water
2 Tbspsugar or splenda or other artificial sweetener to = 2 tbs. sugar
Fewdrops vanilla extract
How to Make Lemon - Blueberry Fluff
- Boil water for 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in the 1 cup of boiling water. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and 3/4 cup cold water. Chill, until partially set.
- When, partially set, add unbeaten egg whites to gelatin mixture. Beat with electric mixer, until mixture is light and fluffy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture, into eight 5 oz. custard cups. Or, other cups. (If other cups, are bigger, your servings may be reduced to approximately six.) Chill, until firm. (Slight separation, into layers, may occur.)
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, crush 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water. Add cornstarch mixture and sugar to crushed berries. Stir.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Then, cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining berries and vanilla. Cool, then chill sauce, in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, remove gelatin cups, as many as needed. And, top with chilled blueberry sauce.(May top with whipped topping, if desired.)