HONEY-BAKED APPLES WITH CREME FRAICHE
Recipe & photo: greenbeandelivery.com
- 4 large
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- strips lemon zest (use a vegetable peeler to remove strips)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4-8 Tbsp
- creme fraiche
How to Make HONEY-BAKED APPLES WITH CREME FRAICHE
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin from the top of the apple, around the stem. Using a melon baller, scoop out the core, being careful not to puncture the blossom end.
- 2Arrange the apples upright in an 8-inch baking dish and pour honey in and around the apples. Pour the water into the dish.
- 3Place a strip of lemon zest in each apple cavity, then squeeze the juice of 1 lemon evenly over the apples.
- 4Bake the apples in a preheated 350-degree oven, on a rack in the middle position, until a fork inserted into the center meets little resistance, about 45-55 minutes.
- 5Remove from baking dish and dollop each apple with creme fraiche.