Homemade Granola - Better Than Cookie Dough!
But, I have never found a granola I liked until Debbie Pumford brought this to a retreat and presented it for breakfast. It is wonderful with cheerios or in place of cereal!
Love it with PNut butter, Nutella, or anything it will stick to! Enjoy!
12 coats, regular
2 1/2 ccoconut (the small bag)
1 calmonds, chopped
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1 cpecans, chopped
1 csesame seeds
1 cpumpkin seeds
1 csunflower seeds
1/2 cflax seeds
1 cbrown sugar, light
1 coil (olive, sunflower, or your preference)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Homemade Granola - Better Than Cookie Dough!
- PREHEAT oven to 250 degrees.
- STIR the oats, coconut, nuts and seeds together.
- MIX the water, sugar, oil and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- ADD to the dry mixture, a large spoon full at a time, until the oat mixture is well coated. (This is the part my husband says tastes better than cookie dough!)
- SPREAD shallowly on cookie sheets or cake pans (with edges to prevent spills).
- BAKE for 1 1/2 hours stirring every 15 minutes until golden brown.
- STORE in large plastic bowl with lid or glass jars or gallon size storage bags.
- ENJOY with or as cereal, in yogurt, in PBJ sandwiches, in ice cream, or with Nutella on english muffins or toast for some added breakfast crunch and protein. Not to mention the disease fighting properties of the seeds and nuts! And, no unidentifiable ingredients that we can't pronounce!
- When we scoop some out to eat, we sometimes add dried cranberries or raisins, or sometimes milk chocolate morsels, for added sweetness.