Homemade Apple Fritters
2 cself-rising flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 capple cider
2 Tbspbutter, melted
2 1/2 ctart apples; peeled, cored and diced in small chunks (i used granny smith)
How to Make Homemade Apple Fritters
- Preheat deep fryer or vegetable oil in large frying pan to 350 degrees. If using a frying pan, make the oil about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Combine self-rising flour, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract apple cider, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Whisk well.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples.
- Add apples and fold in.
- Spoon batter by the teaspoon in hot oil.
- Cook over medium heat, turning once.
- Fritters only take about 1 minute per side to cook.
- Remove from oil when done and drain on clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Dust powdered sugar on fritters and serve warm.