Hasty Fruit Cobbler
When I'm IN A PINCH I will make it as my old reliable stand-by dessert recipe for a delicious cobbler dessert or take to a pot luck. Everyone loves it!
How to Make Hasty Fruit Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Melt one whole stick of butter or margarine in the bottom of your baking pan. See pan size options:
* 8x8 or 9x9 or a round pie plate.
* Double the recipe for a 9x13" cake pan.
- 3Mix together: flour, sugar, baking powder, and milk until batter is mixed completely.
- 4Pour batter mixture into pan over the melted butter.
- 5Add juicy fruit of choice on top of the batter.
Fruit can be canned berries, cherries, peaches, or pineapple.
Fresh stewed fruit may be used.
My favorite is fresh peaches! I will buy fresh peaches and prepare them to freeze. When I need the fruit, I'll take a two cup food-saver sealed bag from the freezer..... thaw & use.