Habanero Pickled Peaches
3 lbfresh peaches
1 capple cider vinegar
1 cgranulated sugar
1 largefresh habanero pepper, stemmed and seeded, cut in half
2cinnamon sticks, about 3 inches each
1/2 tspwhole cloves
How to Make Habanero Pickled Peaches
- Sterilize jars and lids in a pot boiling water or dishwasher (no detergent). Place on a clean towel to dry.
- To peel peaches, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut a small X on the top and bottom of each peach. Carefully drop them in boiling water and cook for 30 seconds. Using a long-handled slotted spoon, remove peaches, rinse with cold water and peel off the skin by gently rubbing the peach. Halve and pit the peeled peaches and put into the jars, packed tightly,
- In another pot, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil.
- In each jar, add one half habanero, 1 cinnamon stick and half the cloves.
- Remove boiling vinegar from heat and pour half of the mixture into each jar. Add enough water to each jar to fill, leaving a 1/4-inch headroom. Cover with lids and bands and refrigerate.
- Store for 2 days before using. Will keep, refrigerated, for one month.