Grannie's Strawberry Shortcake
- pints strawberries, may use pre-frozen
- 1 1/2-2
- cups sugar, your taste
- crust for 2-3 pies
- pint, thick whipping cream, for beating or for pouring
How to Make Grannie's Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Prepare fresh berries. Place berries in bowl for mashing, I use ole timey potato masher. Sweeten to taste.
- 2Prepare crust. Roll out into 6-8 inch rounds. place onto cookies sheets and pierce dough with tines of fork, so dough will not rise up in center and remain flat. Bake enough to fill to about 3 inches from top of serving bowl. I usually bake, anywhere from 8-10 crusts. I make fairly large bowl, large family. you judge.
- 3After crust has cooled, place dipper of berries in bottom of serving bowl. Carefully place crust on top of berries, then ladle more berries on top of crust. Crust, berries, crust, berries. Ending with berries. Much better if berries and juice come up on sides of bowl,ensuring there will be enough juice when serving. Top each serving with large dollop of whipped cream, or pour some cream over top, how about scoop of ice cream.
- 4I hope everyone can make out this recipe. So hard to describe amount of ingredients. I can only add that I would rather have too many berries, they can always be kept in fridge. Remember home made crust is best, (that is way I remember it) but store bought will work. If you like recipe, you will find bowl that works best for your needs, and will find amounts that work for you.