Gluten-Free Blackberry Crisp
I had been looking everywhere for a really good gluten-free Blackberry Crisp or Cobbler. I finally combined several recipes and came up with this one. It is quick, easy and yummy!
Nothing ever tastes as good as Granny's cooking, but this comes as close as any crisp I have ever tried.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
2 ptblackberries, blueberries or any berry, picked over, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1 cgluten-free pancake mix (i use cravings place gluten-free pancake and waffle mix)
3/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed (i use a little less)
1 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Gluten-Free Blackberry Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and generously smear the bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate or 8x8-inch baking dish with butter.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of the GF baking or flour mix onto the blackberries and toss to coat. Pour the blackberries into the bottom of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free pancake mix with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter by hand (I chop it by hand first); and rub the mixture between your fingers until it resembles sugary coarse crumbs.
- Layer the crumbs over the blackberries. Bake in a preheated oven until bubbly – about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired. Serves 4-6.