Fruited Puff Pancake
At times I cook the fruit as the recipe will tell you to do.
My personal favorite, carmelize apples with sour cherries or cranberries. Serving this with Devonshire Cream.
Or serving this is with scramble some eggs, sauteed ham or Canadian bacon, onion, red, green, yellow peppers. Place it in the center of the cooked pancake puff & pour Hollandaise sauce on top.
Or you use fried corned beef and eggs with country gravy on top.
- 1/4 c
- raw organic butter
- 1/4 c
- organic walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, brazil or almonds
- 1/2 c
- organic sugar
- 2 tsp
- ex large organic eggs
- 1 c
- raw organic whole milk
- 1/2 tsp
- fine sea salt or fine kosher salt
- 1 c
- sifted organic all purpose flour
- large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced, your choice of apples ( l like a mix of apples)
- 1 can(s)
- sour cherries well drained or fresh cranberries
- a tad of grated lemon or orange peel
How to Make Fruited Puff Pancake
- 1You are going to need a large cast iron skillet for this. Or you could use a pyrex dish, but I never have.
YOU MUST PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 375*.
- 2Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet on a low light. Keep warm.
- 3Toss together the nuts, sugar, cinnamon and fruit.
- 4Add to the warm melted butter and spread the fruit and nut mixture evenly over the pan. Add the a bit of the grate lemon or orange peel I am always yaking about not to throw away. If your smart you would have some in freezer bags.
- 5Bake together for 5 mintues at 375*
- 6Mix together with a whip the eggs, milk, flour and salt.
- 7Pour oven the hot fruit and nut mixture. Bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Serve in pan with Devonshire cream or powdered sugar.
- 9Sometimes I have made a lovely pudding, fruit and filled this puff pancake after it has cooled and finished baking.
- 10To me this is just a large Yorshire pudding.
- 11DON'T BE THROWING AWAY THE PEELS FROM THE FRUIT. PUT THEM IN A FREEZER BAG AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH THEM ONE DAY SOON.