- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- 16 oz
- fruit filling or fruit butter
- 3 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (more or less use enough to get right consistency for glaze)
How to Make Fruit Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream together the butter, white and brown sugars and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in the 4 eggs.
- 4Fold in the flour until will mixed.
- 5Spread 2/3 of this into a jellyroll pan.
- 6Pour over one (16oz) can of your favorite fruit pie filling or fruit butter.
- 7Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter onto the top of the fruit.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes.
- 9While baking make a glaze of the orange juice, powdered sugar and melted butter. Drizzle this over the bars when they come out of the oven before they are cooled.