Fritter Batter for Bananas
Mom did not like her food to be overly sweet and there is not even any sugar in the batter. All the sweetness comes from the bananas.
Any seasonings, even sugar, could be added to this basic batter -- and you could dip anything your heart desires into it for frying, it does not have to be strictly for bananas. I once watched a video of people deep frying Oreo cookies in a batter like this!!
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- whole egg (well beaten)
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Fritter Batter for Bananas
- 1Mix and sift the dry ingredients
- 2add milk gradually
- 3add beaten egg gradually
- 4using a fork, dip banana slices into batter and place in about an inch of hot oil in a cast iron skillet until browned on both sides
- 5Note: This batter could be used for bananas, zucchini slices, okra, or Oreo Cookies -- whatever you think might be tasty would probably be good!!
- 6You could also add a little sugar, vanilla, or cinnamon, or even cayenne pepper (whatever) to punch it up to your liking. Although I would probably not add sugar if I were doing vegetables, but that is just me. Also: if you add sugar you will need to be very careful with the cooking because the sugar will brown faster.