Easy Cranberry Poke Cake (for lazy moments)
Cake box mix, cranberry sauce, whipped cream and dried cranberries.
Lazy day cake baking ~ haha Enjoy
Original recipe from hungrylittlegirl.com and picture.
1 boxof white or yellow cake mix
1 can(s)cranberry sauce, with whole berries
1 cdried cranberries
1 1/2 cheavy cream (or use cool whip) or canned whipped cream
2 tsppowdered sugar
How to Make Easy Cranberry Poke Cake (for lazy moments)
- Prepare the cake according to pkg. directions but with one egg and 1/3 of the oil less.
- Once you take the cake out of the oven, let cool only two minutes, then poke holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Heat cranberry sauce in the microwave for 1 minute, stir.
Pour over cake, spreading out with a big spoon to make sure the holes get filled.
- Place in fridge for one hour.
Now beat the heavy cream on medium speed with an electric mixer for one minute.
Add cornstarch and powdered sugar and beat on high speed until very stiff.
- Spread whipped cream over the cake.
Sprinkle dried cranberries on top of the cream and place back in fridge until you serve it.