Cranberry, Blueberry Dump Cake
This recipe works well with other fresh or frozen fruits; try with fresh chopped apples too. we love the blueberry /cranberry mixture the best..hope you try this one soon..I bet it would be great using drained canned fruit too.
- 2 c
- fresh blueberies
- 1 c
- whole cranberry sauce from can
- 1 dash(es)
- 1/4 tsp
- apple pie spice
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 13.9 oz
- box cinnamon streusel muffin and quick bread mix
- 1/4 c
- butter, cold
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Cranberry, Blueberry Dump Cake
- 1Lightly spray crock insert with non-stick butter spray. Dump in the blueberries and cranberry sauce, brown sugar, apple pie spice and nutmeg. Gently stir to combine.
- 2Evenly sprinkle the muffin flour mix over the fruit in your slow cooker; then sprinkle the cinnamon topping and pecans evenly over top.
Add cut pieces of the butter evenly over top.
- 3Do not omit this next part:
Cover the top of the insert with a double layer of paper towels not on the fruit and place lid on the paper towels and secure the lid. This keeps the cake from getting soggy.
- 4Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until topping is set.
Serve with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.
Or Lori says...bake in the oven at 350º for 40 minutes.