Cherry Cheesecake Bars
2 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
1 tspalmond extract
2 can(s)refrigerated crescent rolls, the sheet kind
How to Make Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- Beat together cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and almond extract until smooth.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and unroll 1 sheet of crescent dough. If you don't have the sheets, and are using regular crescent rolls, pinch together the perforations.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the dough, and then spread the cherry pie filling over that. Top with second crescent dough sheet.
- Brush the top with the reserved egg white, and sprinkle with sugar. I used a specialty almond/amaretto flavored sugar, but regular white or sparkling sugar would be nice as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool on rack and then refrigerate.
- The filling will be quite runny while warm, but sets up nicely after refrigeration.