Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- egg, separated
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 can(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls, the sheet kind
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- 1Beat together cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and almond extract until smooth.
- 2Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and unroll 1 sheet of crescent dough. If you don't have the sheets, and are using regular crescent rolls, pinch together the perforations.
- 3Pour cream cheese mixture over the dough, and then spread the cherry pie filling over that. Top with second crescent dough sheet.
- 4Brush the top with the reserved egg white, and sprinkle with sugar. I used a specialty almond/amaretto flavored sugar, but regular white or sparkling sugar would be nice as well.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool on rack and then refrigerate.
- 6The filling will be quite runny while warm, but sets up nicely after refrigeration.