low calorie ingredients!
- jumbo strawberries
- 3/4 c
- heavy whipping cream - for lighter "cool whip"
- 3/4 c
- milk - i used low fat
- 1 small
- box vanilla instant pudding - i used sugar free cheesecake pudding!
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract - yes!!
How to Make Cheesecake strawberries!!!
- 1Wash and dry berries. Slice off stem end. Using a sharp paring knife, slice an "x" deep into berries without cutting all the way down. (depending on the size of berries). A word to the lazy: an alternate way of serving this would be to quarter or slice the strawberries and serve the filling in a small dish. The filling can be spooned over the cut strawberries. Slicing the strawberries and using them as scoops for the filling works well too.
- 2Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. If you are using Cool Whip you get to skip this step!
- 3In a separate bowl, combine milk and pudding. Beat for 2 minutes. Add almond extract and whipped cream. Fit a pastry bag with a #10 or #12 round tip. I was in a hurry, so I just cut off the tip of the bag...