Cheesecake Fruit Trifle
24.3 oz pkgphiladelphia ready to eat cheesecake filling
8-10 ozwhipped topping, thawed
4-5 cfresh fruit, mixed (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, etc.
1white angel food cake
How to Make Cheesecake Fruit Trifle
- In medium to large bowl mix the cheesecake filling and whipped topping. Consistency should be spreadable.
- Wash and prepare the fruit. For strawberries, slice in half or 1/4's depending on the size. Any fresh fruit will work and can vary by the season. I love the combination of berries with kiwi sliced for the top layer. Drain the fruit well. For make ahead situations, the dryer the fruit the better the dish holds.
- Angel food cake works well for the cake layer. Choose either your favorite recipe for white angel food, or for busy people, pick one up at your bakery. Slick into about 1-1 1/2 chunks.
- In a glass trifle dish or large clear glass bowl, start assembling. First a layer of angel food cake. You are going to make 2-3 layers so take that in mind in the quantity of each layer.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheesecake mixture over the cake. I put a mound of it in the middle and then use a rubber spatula to carefully spread toward the sides. You want to spread so the layer is visible from the outside.
- Sprinkle the fruit over top of the cheesecake mixture making sure you can see the fruit from the side. Make a generous layer of the fruit mixture. Add another cake layer. Two layers is plenty but you can divide into 3 if you choose.
- Spread the remaining cheesecake over the cake layer and then decorate the top with your remaining fruit.
- Cover and store or serve immediately. Add dollops of whipped topping just before serving.